Are you thinking about starting a blog, but haven’t taken the plunge? Well, you should! Blogging is a lot of fun! I was thinking about it just the other day… so many wonderful parts of my parenting experience have been shared here already. And I am soooo thankful for that! It is all recorded somewhere for me to go back and visit. So, if you have something that you are passionate about and like to write, then you really need to start a blog!Many people start out blogging using Bluehost. Their site speed is good for beginners. Once you get more than 3,000 or so visitors per day, you might feel your site slowing down, and you’ll probably want to start looking into faster hosting options. But Bluehost is excellent for getting your feet wet. They offer hosting for the very low cost of $3.49 per month when you sign up for 36 months. (You pre-pay for all 36 months up front, but if you decide to cancel at any time, they offer a money-back guarantee. So, for example, if you had Bluehost for 6 months and then decided to switch, they would refund the remaining 30 months. Nice!)
So are you going to do it? Are you finally going to start your blog? If so, here is how:
Here are the step-by-step instructions for getting started with Bluehost. Don’t panic! Yes, there are 17 steps, but you’ve got this! Ready? Don’t believe you can do this faster than getting a latte a Starbucks? Try it and see!
2) Select the “starter” plan. Of course, they will try to upsell you to a larger plan. Resist the temptation!
3) You’ve already decided on a domain name at this point. To register your domain name with Bluehost, enter it under the “new domain” box and click “next.”
4) Enter all of your account and contact information.
5) Continue down to the “package information” section. You get the cheapest monthly rate by selecting 36 months. It is important to remember that Bluehost charges you for the full the 36 months up front. In other words, you are pre-paying for the service. But, also remember that they have a money-back guarantee, so you won’t risk losing your money.
There are other services available on this screen but don’t worry about those yet. You can always add them later.
6) Enter your billing information, agree to the service agreements, and then click “submit.”
7) They are going to try to upsell you, again. Ignore! Ignore! These could be added later if you need them. Click “complete.”
8) Ta da! You officially have a Bluehost account. Next, you need to create your password.
9) On this screen, you’ll create your Bluehost account password. Don’t forget it! Make sure it is super strong but also make sure you remember it! Ha, ha!
10) As soon as you create your strong, but memorable, password, you’ll be prompted to install WordPress. Click “let’s begin” and then “Install.”
11) Select the domain where you want to install WordPress, but leave the directory field blank so that you install WordPress to your root domain. Click “Check Domain.”
12) Click “show advanced options” and then name your site (you can always change it later), create a username for the WordPress install, and create a WordPress login pass- word. You’ll want to make sure that “Automatically create a new database for this installation” and “I have read the terms and conditions of the GPLv2” are checked. Click “Install Now.”
13) Close out of the upsell (again, sheesh!) and watch the little bar at the top of the next screen turn green. That means WordPress has been successfully installed.
14) Click “View credentials” and then “View” on the following screen. Remember, to get your password. You only have a 12-hour window to do it.
15) Next, you will see your WordPress Installation Credentials. This page shows everything you need to start using WordPress.
16) Open up a new tab in your browser and navigate to your “Admin URL” from the previous screen. Fill out your username and password and then click “Log In.”
17) That’s it!!!!!!
Congratulations! You are officially a blog owner! I told you it was fast:)
Now, I want to hear from you! What are you going to blog about?
This post contains affiliate links. For more information, click here. Also, if you do utilize a link, THANK YOU!
Hello there, Friend!
Join my Healthy Life Hack Challenge, and get easy life hacks sent straight to your Inbox for the next five days!